Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soothsaying

How oft this has happened
I’m not really sure
But it seems quite obvious
Even to the likes of Al Gore
That our planet is living
And always is about change
Though his ilk seems to be thinking
A message they can’t explain

Global warming is evil
Mother Nature is bent
She has been over burdened
By America’s exhaust vent
I challenge that thesis
On the grounds it ain’t so
Cause nature is fickle
It’s a women don’t you know

If climatic conditions
Have proved time and agin
That mankind’s a victim
Of mother natures passing whim
But Al is a selling
A message of doom
As soothsayers before him
Profited on gloom

Enough from you peddlers
Of instant success
Predicting desperation
Like it’s a new party dress
Our world goes around
It seeks its own way
Nature is beyond you
No matter what you say

I am no heathen
I seek no disrespect
But I’ve noticed a cooling
Last time I checked
Those of you who follow
Political intervention
This religion of yours
Is a human invention

I like Mother Nature
respect her ancient ways
Tomorrow she’s sunny
But not today
Change is inevitable
On that I am sold
Prostitution and soothsaying
Are as professions
Almost as old

No comments:

Post a Comment